So far, 10 of the original 23 speakers for Milo Yiannopoulos’ Free Speech Week at Berkeley have spoken up to say that they will not be attending the event, with several of them saying that they were never invited in the first place before their names appeared in marketing materials.
What’s Going On With Berkeley Free Speech Week? 19 Sept 2017
Updated list of Berkeley Free Speech Week Cancellations 21 Sept 2017
So far, only four speakers are confirmed in their attendance according to Berkeley, and with a new Mediaite column by Aidan McLaughlin we can bring news of the next names to drop off the list:
Prof. Jordan B. Peterson: CANCELLED
In a Thursday email to Mediaite, Milo confirmed that Prof. Peterson would “not be able to attend the event.”
Here is the updated list:
- Miss Elaine, I still don’t know who this is
- Lisa DePasquale, formerly with Breitbart, formerly of the gay Republicans at GOProud, whose Wiki article states her show’s “popular guests include Greg Gutfeld, Nick Gillespie, Thaddeus McCotter, Milo Yiannopoulos and Chuck Dixon.”
- Chadwick Moore, whose Instagram profile until recently said that he was the Head of Research at Milo, Inc.
- Milo Yiannopoulos
- Monica Crowley, Fox News
- SABO, a pro-Trump street artist
- Katie Hopkins
- Pamela Geller
- David Horowitz, known for his political activism in overhauling the current decay in modern universities
- Mike Cernovich, buy his book
- Ariana Rowlands, Breitbart author whose Instagram account has lots of photos with Milo (5 June 2016, 5 June 2016, 31 October 2016, 5 June 2017, 15 July 2017, 30 June 2016), and whose Twitter account is gone but I remember her getting real snippy at me
- Stelion Onufrei, GOP hopeful who retweets lots of Milo-related information
- Alex Marlow, Editor-in-Chief at Breitbart
tl;dr: Milo will be raked over the coals by the Mercer family who has been funding his outbursts in an attempt to purchase meme magic. I hope whoever he blames for the event going south keeps a hard copy of their emails, and I hope whoever is in email contact with him uses the Ugly Email browser extension so they can be aware of the tracking software he uses on all of his correspondence. I am personally looking forward to the several news outlets that are poised to publish about the attention hog himself, especially the ones that are going to attack him over bending FTC regulations for using his platform to promote the works of his personal acquaintances.