The Bogus #SavePepe Campaign
I’m going to dump a bunch of archived links to the shill threads I noticed yesterday:
- 142151341, links to a video by Mr. Obvious
- 142181874, contains the same text in OP as printed below
These threads were the pruned/deleted and could not be archived:
- OP ID:L8svImC4, includes 1505851520434.jpg, continually bumped thread before deletion
- OP ID:IlVklEO6, Swastika Flag
- OP ID:mxDHv0JJ, White Supremacist Flag, includes Kool Kids Klub.png, uploaded as 1505861894212.png
- Includes Mad_Pepe.png from ID:HSgZO8G7, uploaded as 1505864892919.png
Here’s the language that three of these threads (142181874, 142148713 and 142160468) used:
Holy shit guys, you thought that the CNN doxxing scandal was big? This is by far a much worse. Matt Furie is declaring that anyone memeing Pepe the Frog will be sued, and he’s started by attacking Mike Cernovich, Baked Alaska, and even fucking Reddit trying to stop people from using the meme. He’s being backed by (((them))) and their lawyers. But guess what- THE COPYRIGHT EXPIRED IN 2016! Essentially, they’re trying to bully us out of using a popular meme.
>You know what we have to do.
Last time we fought for our right to anonymity, now we are going to fight for our right to meme.
>(((They))) will be met with memes and autism like the world has never seen
>Here is the plan for Operation: Nuclear Autism
1. UNITE ONCE MORE- Similar to Autism Storm, we must unite 4chan and Reddit. This shouldn’t be hard, as literally any internet user who likes to meme should want to contribute.
2. ALL OF THE PEPES- Matt doesn’t want us to be using his frog? Fuck him, flood the entire goddamn internet with Pepe’s. Regardless what you think of Pepe, you should be busy making Pepe’s and posting Pepe’s to anyplace you can. Rare Pepe’s are the best ones, make some new ones the will really piss them off. Use #OurPepes on Twitter alongside them if you are posting there. Perhaps Alex Jones will do a best rare Pepe competition like what he did during the CNN Meme War.
3. STOP THE FAKE NEWS- I would be shocked if the likes of CNN and such don’t run a couple of articles on “these internet trolls posting Nazi frogs”. If and when this happens, target them with Pepe’s as well.
4. LEGAL ASSISTANCE- As Matt is threatening to sue, we should start a legal fund of some kind to help out those he’s threatening. Regardless if you like Mike Cernovich and the likes or not, them winning these cases will be crucial to us as a whole defending our rights to meme.
Join the Happening HQ discord for further coordination
By tomorrow, most of the poorly named .jpgs and .pngs made by whichever unpaid meme team is making these things will be uploaded and downloaded again into their properly named formats.
Don’t forget to slide all shills.